PLEASE READ THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS CAREFULLY BEFORE USING THIS SITE
Other Documents referred to
• Our Acceptable Use Policy (Acceptable Use Policy), which sets out the permitted uses and prohibited uses of our site. When using our site, you must comply with this Acceptable Use Policy.
1. www.comichaus.com is a site operated by Genepool Distribution Limited T/A Comichaus ("We"). We are registered in England and Wales under company number 05109201.
2. If you wish to contact us then the easiest way to do this is by email, to the following email address: email@example.com . You may also write to us at the following address: genepool Distribution Ltd T/A Comichaus, PO Box 58, Plymouth, PL9 0WT, United Kingdom.
3. If we have to contact you we will do so via your email address or other contact information supplied as part of your account set up.
4. In either case, if we send you information via email or you send us information via email, both parties are deemed to have received that notice when it is sent. This will affect the day you have served notice should you wish to cancel your account on our site.
ACCESS & YOUR ACCOUNT
6. Our site is made available free of charge. We do not guarantee that our site, or any content on it, will always be available or be uninterrupted. Access to our site is permitted on a temporary basis. We may suspend, withdraw, discontinue or change all or any part of our site without notice. We will not be liable to you if for any reason our site is unavailable at any time or for any period.
8. When you set up an account you are required to have both a username and password as part of our security procedures. You must treat such information as confidential and not disclose it to third parties. We use every effort we can to protect the security of our users, but if you provide your account details to a third party then you do so at your own risk and we cannot be held liable for any loss that you suffer as a result, such as them removing your comics for sale or reducing the price that you are looking to achieve.
9. We reserve the right to disable or suspend an account for whatever reason. We will usually only undertake this course of action where we believe that you have failed to adhere to these Terms.
11. We shall make available the Site in order that you can upload your comics and advertise them for sale, search for comics that you wish to purchase, notify other users of comics that you wish to purchase and purchase comics from our sellers (Services).
12. We have the right to make any changes to the Services which are necessary to comply with any applicable law or safety requirement, or which do not materially affect the nature or quality of the Services.
13. We have the right to remove, change or add to any content that you may upload to the Site as we see fit. We will not make any changes to the price that you are looking to sell the comics for without your prior consent. We may write to you to provide useful data on price recommendations.
INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY RIGHTS
14. We are the owner or the licensee of all intellectual property rights in our site (save for the comics), and in the material published on it. Those works are protected by copyright laws and treaties around the world. All such rights are reserved. You must not modify the paper or digital copies of any materials you have printed off or downloaded in any way, and you must not use any illustrations, photographs, video or audio sequences or any graphics separately from any accompanying text.
15. When you upload any comics then you must include the author of the works. We allow you to upload a maximum of 12 images. This is for the purpose of demonstrating the condition of your comics and you are not allowed to upload the whole comic, or more pages that necessary to show the condition (other than the title page/front cover) as this will constitute a breach of the artists copyright in those works. The author of any works that you upload must always be present.
16. It is acknowledged by both parties that the intellectual property rights in any images uploaded will belong to the image rights holder. We reserve the right to refuse to publish or withdraw any comics or images uploaded to the site which we believe do not have the consent of the original artist has been obtained.
SALES: CHARGES & PAYMENT
17. Our Site allows sellers to advertise and make sales of their comics. Any sales are agreed solely between the seller and the buyer. We are acting as a marketplace for such sales and are not contracting, howsoever, to sell the comics. Sellers are responsible for fixing both the price of the comic and any delivery charges, they are also responsible for procuring delivery and deciding whether to send the goods before taking payment or not. We are not responsible for non-payment by a buyer to a seller.
18. On a successful sale we shall charge the seller for a commission of 1 PENCE (excluding any delivery costs that are agreed between the seller and the buyer). We will collect this commission automatically at source via our PayPal integrated system. This payment will therefore be made to us once the buyer has paid.
19. It is the seller’s responsibility to ensure that the buyer has a right to return goods that are purchased through our site within 14 days, starting from the day after they have received the goods. This period is referred to as the Refund Period. Sellers should ensure that they process a refund of any payments received by a buyer if they are notified within the 14 day period that the buyer wishes to reject the goods and they are returned to the seller within 30 days in the same condition as sent out. The seller shall only be liable to make a refund when in receipt of the goods, and if they are returned in a worse condition than sent out any refund can be rejected and the goods should be resent to the buyer, together with a satisfactory explanation. The seller’s refund should be of both the original cost of the comic and the delivery costs, but the buyer will be responsible for the cost of returning the comic. For further information on consumers rights when buying goods from you online please see https://www.citizensadvice.org.uk/consumer/protection-for-the-consumer/consumer-contracts/.
20. Are you an indie publisher / Creator? If a seller qualifies as an “Indie” comic book creator in line with our conditions described on our website, the seller will only be charged 1 PENCE per transaction. Whether you meet our conditions will remain subject to our prior approval.
NO RELIANCE ON INFORMATION
21. The content on our site is provided for general information only. It is not intended to amount to advice on which you should rely. You must obtain professional or specialist advice before taking, or refraining from, any action on the basis of the content on our site.
22. Although we make reasonable efforts to update the information on our site, we make no representations, warranties or guarantees, whether express or implied, that the content on our site is accurate, complete or up-to-date.
LIMITATION OF OUR LIABILITY
24. To the extent permitted by law, we exclude all conditions, warranties, representations or other terms which may apply to our site or any content on it, whether express or implied.
25. We will not be liable to any user for any loss or damage, whether in contract, tort (including negligence), breach of statutory duty, or otherwise, even if foreseeable, arising under or in connection with:
• use of, or inability to use, our site;
• use of or reliance on any content displayed on our site; or
• services provided by third parties via our site.
If you are a business user, please note that in particular, we will not be liable for:
• loss of profits, sales, business, or revenue;
• business interruption;
• loss of anticipated savings;
• loss of business opportunity, goodwill or reputation; or
• any indirect or consequential loss or damage.
26. We will not be liable for any loss or damage caused by a virus, distributed denial-of-service attack, or other technologically harmful material that may infect your computer equipment, computer programs, data or other proprietary material due to your use of our site or to your downloading of any content on it, or on any website linked to it.
27. We assume no responsibility for the content of websites linked on our site. Such links should not be interpreted as endorsement by us of those linked websites. We will not be liable for any loss or damage that may arise from your use of them.
Uploading content to our site
28. Whenever you make use of a feature that allows you to upload content to our site, or to make contact with other users of our site, you must comply with the content standards set out in our Acceptable Use Policy (Acceptable Use Policy)
29. You warrant that any such contribution does comply with those standards, and you will be liable to us and indemnify us for any breach of that warranty. If you are a consumer user, this means you will be responsible for any loss or damage we suffer as a result of your breach of warranty.
30. Any content you upload to our site will be considered non-confidential and non-proprietary. You retain all of your ownership rights in your content, but you are required to grant us and other users of the Site a limited licence to use, store and copy that content and to distribute and make it available to third parties. The rights you licence to us are described in the next paragraph (Rights you licence).
31. We also have the right to disclose your identity to any third party who is claiming that any content posted or uploaded by you to our site constitutes a violation of their intellectual property rights, or of their right to privacy.
32. We will not be responsible, or liable to any third party, for the content or accuracy of any content posted by you or any other user of our site.
33. We do not guarantee that our site will be secure or free from bugs or viruses.
34. You are responsible for configuring your information technology, computer programmes and platform in order to access our site. You should use your own virus protection software.
35. You must not misuse our site by knowingly introducing viruses, trojans, worms, logic bombs or other material which is malicious or technologically harmful. You must not attempt to gain unauthorised access to our site, the server on which our site is stored or any server, computer or database connected to our site. You must not attack our site via a denial-of-service attack or a distributed denial-of service attack. By breaching this provision, you would commit a criminal offence under the Computer Misuse Act 1990. We will report any such breach to the relevant law enforcement authorities and we will co-operate with those authorities by disclosing your identity to them. In the event of such a breach, your right to use our site will cease immediately.
LINKING TO OUR SITE
36. You may link to our Site, including the home page or your selling page, provided you do so in a way that is fair and legal and does not damage our reputation or take advantage of it.
37. You must not establish a link in such a way as to suggest any form of association, approval or endorsement on our part where none exists.
38. If you wish to make any use of content on our site other than that set out above, please contact us.
Third party links and resources in our site
39. Where our site contains links to other sites and resources provided by third parties, these links are provided for your information only.
40. We have no control over the contents of those sites or resources.
43. Thank you for using Comichaus.com